June 30, 2008
I'm not sure who's heard the good news, so
I thought I'd send a little update...IT'S A
GIRL!!!!!! Weighing in at approx 14 ounces
(almost a whopping pound!), our little girl
has 10 fingers, 10 toes, working bladder
and kidneys, all the brain and heart
components (which also are functioning!),
healthy bones, veins, arteries, and
brain/spine connections. She doesn't have
a cleft lip and doesn't have the extra skin
on her neck that most downs-syndrome babies
have. The doctor said everything looks
perfect so far and I think she's going to be a
looker...her 3D picture sure is cute!! At
my regular monthly appt (right after the
ultrasound appt), they listened to the heartbeat
(which we've been hearing since about week 8)
and it's strong and healthy! My weight gain,
urine analysis, and blood pressure are right on
target too (that's about all they check on me)!
I can feel her moving now, which is very fun.
She's been a mover and a shaker since the beginning...
in the past few months she would 'swim away'
from the Doppler when they were trying to listen
to her heart beat. She didn't want to cooperate
for her ultrasound pictures either--she kept her
tiny fists right up by her face and kept hiding
behind the umbilical cord. Looks like she's going
to be a sassy one!! I started week 22 yesterday,
and it's crazy to think that we're already over
half-way done. At one of my next appts they'll
check for gestational diabetes, but other than that,
it's just time to sit back and grow a healthy baby!
Due date didn't change, so it's still Nov 9
(Sophie and Courtney--one of you may end up sharing
your bday!!).
Thomas is off to Kindergarten!
10 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment