






Our sweet baby girl is already 3 months old (as of yesterday 2/9)!! I can't believe how fast time is flying by...she is going to be crawling, walking, and 18 before I know it! Uncle Brian took these pictures yesterday while she was goofing around with him, Auntie Sheri, and Grandma (I, unfortunately, was at work!). We're LOVING every second with Maya!! She is the easiest, happiest baby. Everybody keeps trying to warn me that she won't be this way forever, but I beg to differ!
We had a very busy, birthday-filled weekend. Justin turned 28 last Thursday so we headed to Delano on Friday to celebrate with the Roskowiaks (thanks again, Nicole, for making all that food!), went to lunch with Lori and Ross on Saturday (followed by a very exciting afternoon of furniture shopping...we just can't seem to find furniture that we love for our living room), and celebrated his birthday and my mom's birthday on Sunday night at her house.
Maya continues to get bigger, smarter, and more fun every day. She is so close to giggling and we can't wait for it to happen (right now her laugh is pretty much loud breathing out of her nose)! I told Sheri today at lunch that I am wondering if she's going to be a super tall toddler...she seems to get longer and longer every day--obviously she doesn't take after me in the height department! We go back to the doctor in a month and we'll get new height and weight measurements (along with more shots). She still loves to stand and jump and is definitely ready for a Johnny Jump-up or saucer/walker, but I hesitate to put her in one while she's so little. The lady that taught our baby classes told us that babies who spent too much time in their saucers were showing signs of incorrect growth and development in their hips. Of course she wouldn't be in there all day, but I still want to check with her doctor before I put her in big-girl toys! Times have changed and they've done more studies and tests on babies than they did in the "old days", so I just want to play it safe and talk to Dr. B (I've been very good about not freaking out about baby rules/germs/etc, but I don't want to risk bad hip development!). I did have my first major panic as a mother a few weeks ago....Maya is constantly sucking on her hands or nuk and when she stuck out her tongue, I noticed that she had black spots on it. I completely panicked and jumped online to try to figure out what it was. Finally I was able to get a hold of her little tongue and realized they were just black fuzzies from our clothes/blankets/etc. Thank goodness that some little fuzzies are all I've had to worry about so far!
We hope all of you are doing well!!
Love and drool,
Maya, Shea, Justin, and Bitey
Thomas is off to Kindergarten!
11 years ago


1 comments:
She's getting so big and is such a cutie!! :) Don't believe all those people who tell you she won't be easy forever - people told us that with Ben too but he's still (mostly) an angel over 2 years later!
Post a Comment