CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm 6 Months!!! (5/9/09)

I had my 6 month checkup with Dr B yesterday. As always, he was very impressed with my growth and skills. I weighed in at 15 lbs 13 oz, which puts me in the 50th percentile. I am 27" tall, which is the 90th percentile. I am tall and thin like my Dad! I had a few more shots, and guess what, I didn't even cry!!

Here is a picture of me at 6 months on the dot... 8:31 AM 5/9/09


I look like my Daddy in this picture....


Hanging out in my crib with Berniece Paulette
(No I did not sit up in my crib by myself...Mama sat me up)

This picture is pre-carrots

Still lovin' my bouncy horse :)

Me at 6 months...
  • I love to stand and jump.
  • I can sit by myself.
  • I roll both directions.
  • Tummy time--I can't pull myself forward with my arms yet, but I push against whatever my feet are touching (usually it's a couch or someone's leg). I can also scootch in a circle to change the direction I'm facing.
  • I eat very well--mostly milk plus baby food once a day, but am now being bumped to twice a day! Mama is going to teach me how to drink water out of a sippy cup so I stay hydrated when it's hot out.
  • I have slept through the night since the beginning, but have decided to wake up every night at 3 AM for the last two weeks. I just get a little hungry after being asleep since 9:30! Dr B said Mama will have to try a few different things to get me really full before bed.
  • I don't have any teeth, but I drool A LOT.
  • My long sleeves are all too short since I'm so tall. I can't wait to start wearing my summer wardrobe!
  • I put EVERYTHING in my mouth (Mama is still trying to win the battle against me having my fingers and thumb in my mouth).
  • I play with rattles, teething rings, and stacking cups that snap together to make balls. I try to play with my cat, Bitey, but he runs away when I try to pull his fur.
  • I like to stick out my tongue and spit.
  • I like going on walks in my stroller.
  • I still sleep whenever I'm in the car (Mama says 'thank goodness!' since we spend a lot of time in the car!).
  • I sat in my first high chair at Benihana and sat in a booster seat at Grandpa's house.
  • I am the happiest baby of all time...it's very rare to hear me cry.
  • I also happen to be the cutest, most beautiful, baby of all time :) Every body that walks by me has to stop and make me smile. You should see Grandma Kelly when we're out in public... she really likes to show me off!
  • Mama and Daddy are head over heels in love with me and I think they're pretty great too!!



2 comments:

Meredith said...

Wow...Maya is so incredibly cute. She is getting so big and is doing so many amazing things. I'm VERY impressed.

Unknown said...

I do believe she IS the happiest baby ever! Such beautiful big eyes to match her beautiful big smile! She looks GREAT! And Yes, as soon as I saw the 2nd pix down (I think) I thought WOW, she sure looks like Justin! You just know she is a cutie with a Mommy & Daddy as cute as her!

Oh, ignore the new e-mail address. I had to sign in w/ my Gmail work account, but I don't usually use this e-mail addy.

I hope all of you are doing well!

Hugs,
Christine