CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, August 24, 2009

Riverfest/Duck Race July 12

It's been such a fun summer so far, why would I have thought a parade would've been any different?! The last day of Riverfest always includes a parade, a chicken dinner, and a duck race. I loved the drum lines in the marching bands and the freezies that were thrown off the floats. You can see in the picture below that my tongue is a little bit purple from my first freezie!

Here I am with my green beads and freezie #2

I didn't really get to try the fried chicken, but Mama told me it was delicious and that I'll get to have a drumstick next year!

Look what the green beads did to my neck!

Unfortunately none of our ducks won the duck race (5000 rubber ducks are dumped in to the Mississippi and 'herded' down the river by jet skis; first place this year won a four wheeler!), but there's always next year!

0 comments: